because february has 28 days.
1. I love Saturday Afternoon’s music. Like, a lot.
2. I can see both white and gold, and blue and black in the #thedress picture. But not on command.
3. My love for food will live long and prosper. (Also, Leonard Nimoy passed away 2 days ago.)
4. I learn to appreciate my mornings more. Gets me feeling extra productive.
5. I miss playing music with my friends.
6. I love me some bak kwa. Thanks to Chinese New Year. omnomnomnom
7. I allow myself to play as hard as I work. “Work hard, play hard.”
8. I love spending time with my family. I’m away from home a wee bit too much on a daily basis, so being able to spend time with them is a big deal.
9. I’ve reached the age where I think my parents are a very cool bunch of people. HA
10. My friend Melissa introduced me to the beautiful world of Granola Geeks. Still obsessing on their granola!
11. 4-7 days of human interaction (work and play) tires me out. I can spend the next day sleeping. No joke.
12. But when I am working, I absorb all the positive energy around me. And when I’m done, I just crash. Sore all over.
13. I love discovering new bands and new music.
14. I can set up Laundry’s indoor stage under 45 minutes….when I’m late.
15. Japanese food have taken a special in my heart, after jalapeños.
16. Tea is my best friend. Perfect for all occasions.
17. My laptop is very important for my work. Efficiency is never on the line with this one.
18. I still love teaching people on working around their means and surroundings. It’s a great reminder that not everything can follow our way.
19. My current life goal: Work until you no longer have to introduce yourself.
20. Playing 20 questions with someone can either be easy, hard, boring or interesting. Ultimately, it stresses me out. HELP
21. I can miss someone so much to the point of tearing up.
22. Learning that “… you can’t just write and release music. You need to push your way through or you’ll get lost in the sea of other tracks.” I’m releasing my EP soon plus other things related to my music, and I don’t know how to be different.
23. Imagining a conversation that will likely happen = learning more about myself than I will ever realize. To forgive or to let go is the question.
24. Being aware VS Worrying. Knowing this can help you prioritize tremendously. Worrying doesn’t help as much. I’m happy to know that I learn to be aware more than I allow myself to worry!
25. Each time my heart is broken it makes me feel more adventurous. – Frank O’hara. Yes, heartbreak at its best state. Make me angry and I will prove to you wrong MUAHAHAHA.
26. The Bulb Coffee is my new favourite place.
27. The funniest thing I’ve said (in my humble opinion):
28. The most poetic thing I’ve said (AGAIN, in my most humble opinion):
Bonus: Here’s a discussion between Jenn Thompson and JD Wong on my question – Covers vs Originals. Always great to learn from the industry sifus!!
Last January I discovered “Drown” by Bring Me the Horizon. In February I discovered The Fridays, a local rock band.
YAY LOCAL TALENT!
I’ve wanted to do a monthly favourites kind of post. This is not one of it but it does feature some of my favourites so far. I’m loving the way life has laid itself out for me so far and I’m not planning to rest anytime soon. Life has just begun and I want to do as much as I can while living it.
Here’s my first self-portrait to welcome March!